The President of a Mapo Customary Court in Ibadan, Ademola Odunade has dissolved a three-year-old marriage between a businessman, Sherif Adesola and wife, Damilola, over alleged poisoning and adultery.
Odunade held that the relationship between Sherif and Damilola has been irreparably damaged.
He gave custody of the two-year-old child to Damilola and ordered Sherif to pay a monthly allowance of N5,000 for the child’s upkeep.
Sherif had earlier begged that their marriage should be dissolved.
He said, “I want the divorce because I escaped death when Damilola poisoned my food.
”I caught her red-handed putting the poison in the food she wanted to serve me. When I reported the incident to her parents, nothing was done about it.
”Damilola also embarrasses and insults me in public. She also fights me and tears my clothes.
”I don’t want Damilola to kill me, please separate us,” Sherif begged.
The respondent, who consented to the divorce, denied some of the allegations.
Damilola, who is a hair dresser, accused Sherif of being a womaniser.
She alleged that he had an affair with a friend of hers and impregnated her, NAN reports
168 people killed, 969 injured in Bauchi, Borno, Yobe – FRSC
About 168 persons were killed in various accidents that occurred between January and July, 2019 in the three states of Bauchi, Yobe and Borno.
The Zonal Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Assistant Corps Marshall, Imoh Etuk, who disclosed this on Thursday at the 3rd Quarter retreat for Heads of Operations in the Zone, said that the strategic meeting was aimed at making plans for the end of year activities.
The Zonal Commander, also disclosed that a total of 969 people were injured representing a 56 3% reduction in the number of those injured within the period in the zone in 2018 which was 1, 245.
Etuk said that within the period, 188 road traffic crashes were recorded in the three states compared to the 276 recorded in the same period in 2018 which represents a 59.5% reduction.
According to him, between January and July 2019, a total of 1, 360 people were involved in the crashes as compared to the 1, 981 that were involved in the same period in 2018 which is a 59.3% reduction.
The Zonal Commander lamented the many unclaimed driver’s licences in the zone which he said were 4,795 in the three states.
He said: “We have unclaimed driver’s licences and part of what we will discuss is on how to ensure that we clear all of them as soon as possible in the three states.
“The unclaimed licenses in the three states are: Bauchi – 734, Borno – 3,658 while Borno has 403. Although many of them claim that they have done all the processes needed, but many of them have not claimed their licences. We therefore call on the public to hasten up and get theirs.”
Etuk stated that the FRSC will put an eye on the driving schools at this period “so that there are no untoward practices.”
He stated that many people are still driving without licences vowing to start a crackdown on those who fail to comply.
“What we found out is that many people are still going out, for instance in Bauchi, without driver’s licences. There’s going to be a crackdown on the people driving without driver’s licences, those using fake licences and those using temporary ones that are not genuine,” he stated.
He said that the enforcement that the corp said it will begin in October, 2019 for riders and those who have no licences will still be 2nd October, 2019 pointing out that “there will be no shift of date.
” We want people to know that what we are doing helps the security architecture of this country, we are not just doing this because we want to enforce it, no, but to help security especially in the northeast where we are.”
EFCC docks man over alleged N4.3m fraud
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Kano Zonal Office, Thursday arraigned one Sadiq Ibrahim over alleged breach of trust.
He was dragged before a Kano State Vacation High Court under Justice Farouk Lawan.
EFCC Head, Media and Publicity, Wilson Uwujaren said this in a statement in Abuja.
Uwujaren explained, “The petitioner alleged that the suspect approached her, presenting himself as a contractor with Dantata and Sawoe Construction Company with the need of a partner to assist and invest in the business of supplying sand and bitumen which she obliged and invested the sum of N4,300,000.00 only in anticipation of the monthly returns as promised by the suspect.
“But she only benefited for three months when the suspect stopped paying her as agreed. Instead, he issued her a Dud Cheque and all efforts to recover both her capital and outstanding profits proved abortive”.
The charge reads, ”That you Sadiq Ibrahim sometime in March, 2018 at Kano within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court, while being a contractor with Dantata and Sawoe and in such capacity entrusted with the sum of N4,300,000 (Four Million, Three Hundred Thousand Naira) belonging to Rabi Adam, for the purpose of investment in your contract with Dantata and Sawoe, with intent to defraud failed to remit the monthly profit on investment, committed criminal breach of trust in respect of the said remittance and you thereby committed an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 315 of the Penal Code”.
But the accused person reportedly pleaded not guilty to the charge against him.
It was on this premise that the prosecution counsel, Michael Ojo asked the court for a date for the commencement of trial urging, that the accused be remanded in prison custody.
In objection, however, the Defence counsel, J.A Jazuli prayed the court to hear their bail application.
In his ruling, presiding Justice Farouk Lawan granted the accused person bail in the sum of N250,000,000 with one surety in like sum.
He ordered that the surety must be a responsible person in the area where he lives and has a landed property within the Jurisdiction of the court or a civil servant of either State or Federal government who must present a letter of introduction from his employer.
The Judge added that the identity card and passport photograph of the accused are to be attached to the bail bond.
But the defendant was to remain in the EFCC custody pending the fulfillment of his bail condition.
Enugu police re-arrest escapee prisoner
The Enugu State Police Command on Thursday re-arrested Gideon Balogun, a prisoner that escaped from the Nigerian Correctional Service (NCS) in Enugu, in 2017.
The command’s Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP Ebere Amaraizu, in a statement on Thursday, said Balogun, who hailed from Edo State, was re-arrested on August 21 in Emene, an outskirt of Enugu metropolis.
He revealed that the suspect, a former inmate of Enugu Prison, had been on the wanted list of the NCS in Enugu State.
“Police operatives of Emene Division in the early hours of Wednesday re-arrested the wanted suspect while attempting to steal shafts from a mechanic workshop located in Emene, along Enugu-Abakiliki Road,” the police spokesman said.
Amaraizu added that the state Commissioner of Police, Mr Suleiman Balarabe has directed for full-scale investigations into the alleged nefarious activities of the suspect and to arraign him in court.
Like Us OnFacebook
Tech8 months ago
List of Phones with 5000mAh battery in Nigeria 
Politics10 months ago
2019: crisis rocks Gombe PDP as Lawmaker moves to sue over alleged illegal substitution
Business6 months ago
NNPC loses N228.1bn revenue as refineries remain dormant
Headline News6 months ago
Police slam ₦2.5bn fraud charges against Access Bank CEO, three others
Headline News6 months ago
EFCC arrests Turaki – PDP
Headline News6 months ago
BREAKING: Court terminates charges against Alex Badeh
Headline News5 months ago
CCT trial: Onnoghen faults prosecution documents, alleges mutilation, tampering, omission
National News5 months ago
Onnoghen: CCT summons standard chartered bank account officer for grilling