There are air of uncertainties and tension ahead of the presidential tribunal’s resolution to deliver judgment today in the petition seeking to decide the actual winner of the February 23, presidential election.
Mohammed Garba, chairman of the 5-man panel is yet to arrive the courtroom with his members against the 9am scheduled for the sitting.
But presidential delegation led by Buhari’s chief of staff, Abba Kyari is already seated in the courtroom.
Some of them are Governor of Plateau State, Simon Lalong, Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the federation, Abubakar Malami, National chairman of the APC, Adams Oshiomhole, Ministers of Works and Housing, Raji Fashola, Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, Minister of state, Niger Delta, Festus Kayamo among others.
It would be recalled that the presidential candidate of the main opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Atiku Abubakar and his party are the petitioners while President Muhammadu Buhari, ruling All Progressives Congress and Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, are the respondents.
Atiku and PDP are apparently dissatisfied with the declaration of Buhari as winner of the controversial presidential election and, so challenged Buhari’s election at the tribunal.
Outside and within the premises of the Federal Court of Appeal, Abuja, venue of the judgment, there are evident human and vehicular traffic.
Also, the courtroom is filled to capacity with lawyers from both sides of the divide exchanging subdued pleasantries.
However, a battery of newsmen have taken strategic positions for the coverage as tribunal officials arrive in solemnity.
As at the time of filing this report, the PDP officials in attendance are National Chairman of the party, Prince Uche Secondus, PDP Chieftain, Yahaya Abubakar representing Atiku Abubakar among others.
Suspected serial killer admitted killing seven women in Lagos, Owerri and Portharcourt hotels
A suspected serial killer, Gracious David-West, 39, arrested by the police has admitted killing at least seven women in hotels in Lagos, Owerri and Port Harcourt.
TIMELY POST learnt that the suspect was arrested on Thursday, following CCTV footage which showed him leaving an unnamed hotel in Port Harcourt, after he allegedly killed the lady he slept with the previous night.
Mr David-West confessed to killing the seven women to journalists on Friday after his arrest by the Rivers Police command.
“So far, I’ve killed five girls in Port Harcourt; one in Owerri (Imo) and another in Lagos. I started the killing in Lagos.
“I took N52,000 from the bank account of the first girl I killed in Lagos. Thereafter, I went to Port Harcourt, then to Owerri and later returned to Port Harcourt.
“After I kill a girl, I collect her phone, and sell the phone at Waterlines and MTN office (areas in Port Harcourt).
“I met the last girl (latest victim) at a club in Port Harcourt,” Mr David-West told reporters.
Mr David-West, who hails from Buguma in Asari Toru Local Government Area in Rivers, further gave horrific details on how he murdered his victims in cold-blood.
The suspect, who did not betray any emotion, said he usually picked his victims from clubs and drinking spots.
“I take a girl into the hotel, we eat, make love and sleep. Later, I wake up in the middle of the night and put a kitchen knife on her neck, ordering her not to shout.
“I threaten her that if she shouts that I will kill her. I promise her that if she cooperates that I will not kill her, so, the girl, out of fear will not shout.
“After the girl relaxes, then, I will tear the bed’s pillow case and tie her hands and legs, so that she will not struggle. Thereafter, I strangle her,” he confessed.
Mr David-West said before strangulating his victims that they usually pleaded for their lives by offering him money as well as details of their bank account.
Read also: Nigerian senator involved in auto crash responding to treatment – Aide
He said after obtaining the victim’s Automated Teller Machine (ATM) card and pin and other belongings that he still went ahead to kill the women.
“So, I collect their ATM pins, and after dawn, I go to ATM to withdraw money from the account. I usually use the money to get other girls.
“I don’t know what is making me to kill people. Immediately the urge comes, I kill, and after killing, I regret and feel sober. But later, I will still go and kill again,” he said.
Rivers State Commissioner of Police, Mustapha Dandaura, said Mr David-West was arrested by cops on routine stop and search along the Ogoni stretch of the East/West Road.
According to him, the suspect was arrested inside a commercial bus that was travelling to Uyo from Port Harcourt.
“The suspect is definitely not alone in these killings. So far, three suspects are in our custody and are being investigated in connection with these killings,” the police chief said.
News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that five deaths in Port Harcourt sparked outrage in Nigeria, with protests erupting across the city by women activists fearing a rise in killings targeting suspected sex workers.
Police investigating the murders immediately launched a manhunt for the suspect and later arrested him while he attempted to flee Port Harcourt to neighbouring Uyo, capital of Akwa Ibom State.
Police arraigns 15 for allegedly plotting to kill Patience, wife of former President Jonathan
Authorities of the Bayelsa State Police Command have arraigned 15 persons before the State High Court sitting in Yenagoa over alleged plot to kill the former First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan and rob her of her valuables worth over N.3billion.
A 17-count charge of conspiracy to commit murder, conspiracy to commit felony with armed robbery, malicious injury to property, conspiracy to commit felony, stealing and burglary were filed against the suspects.
Those arraigned included Golden Vivian (40 years, Erama Deborah (45yrs),Precious Kingsley (20yrs), Vincent Olabiyi (28yrs),Ebuka Cosmos (25yrs), Williams Alamo (29yrs),Tamunokuro Abaku (32yrs) and Boma Oba (42yrs).
Others include Emmanuel Aginwa(42yrs), Emeka Benson (33yrs), Tamunosiki Achese Frisberesima (30yrs), Wariboko Salome (28yrs), Sahabi Lima (35yrs),Reginald Sunday(20yrs) and John Dashe(39yrs).
The charge sheet was signed by S. A. Ofoegbu Esq. O.C. Legal State Criminal Investigation Department, Yenagoa Bayelsa State.
Defending the accused persons are Stanley Damabide, Padiowei P.P. Tamuno, E. Samuel, Chuks Momoh.
They all pleaded not guilty to all the charges.
In the charge sheet, the count 1 accused the arraigned persons of conspiring to commit murder which is an offence punishable under section 252 of the Criminal code law cap. C14 laws of Bayelsa State.
According to the charge, ”All the accused and some at large, sometime in the month of June, 2019 at Otuoke community in Ogbia local government within the Ogbia Judicial Division of the state high court did conspire to kill Her excellency, Dame Patience Jonathan,former first lady ,there committed an offence.’
”That you and some other persons at large,on the same date and place aforementioned Judicial division of Bayelsa did steal seven gold bangles and jewelries, five Samsung Air Conditioner,Two sets of upholstery chairs,six Samsung flat screen television stands at two hundred Million naira (N200,000,000).These are property of Dame Patience Jonathan and there by committed an offence.”
It would be recalled that operatives of the Operation Puff Adder of the State Police Command had in June arrested some persons over alleged involvement in the illegal entry into his home in Otuoke community in Ogbia local Government area, carting away jewelries, custom made walking stick and other valuables worth over N.3billion.
TIMELY POST gathered that one of the arrested suspects, who is a management staff of the Aridolf Resort, Hotel and Spa owned by the former First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan had mysteriously duplicated the keys to the rooms where the valuables were kept and led the forceful entry and gradual looting of the valuables.
It was also gathered that after some domestic staff to the former President discovered he was informed and he quickly called in men of the Bayelsa Police Command to effect their arrest and recover the looted valuables.
Atiku reacts to presidential tribunal judgment, vows to appeal
Atiku Abubakar, 2019 presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has finally reacted to President Muhammadu Buhari’s victory at the Presidential Election Tribunal earlier this month.
TIMELY POST had reported that the Justice Mohammed Garba,-led Tribunal dismissed Atiku and PDP petition in its entirety.
The court ruled that Buhari was duly elected as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria during the presidential election held on 23rd February 2019.
The tribunal ruled that electronic transfer of results which was the crux of the opposition’s petition did not take place at any level.
Reacting, Atiku in a series of tweets on Twitter handle on Friday urged Nigerians to continue their support for constitutional order via the courts.
He also thanked the governors elected on the platform of PDP.
Atiku said: “I write to personally thank you for your support for our shared common goal.
“And the solidarity I enjoyed from all walks of life and every strata of society, right from July 21, 2018, when I informed you, the good people of Nigeria, that I would contest the 2019 Presidential election, to Wednesday, September 11, 2019, when the PEPT rendered its verdict.
“Nothing good comes easy, and hard as the task to rid Nigeria from the forces of fascism, and be an instrument for the full restoration of the rule of law and democracy in Nigeria is, your support makes the struggle worthwhile.
“I owe so much to this great land of Nigeria that took me from the streets of Jada, where I sold firewood, to the heights I have attained, by God’s benevolence, in the civil service, in corporate Nigeria, and in public service.
“If I do not play my part in making it possible for other orphaned children, indigent youths and the less privileged, to replicate and even surpass my path to significance, I would have failed my Maker.
“If I do not ensure that the ladder I climbed remains accessible to those at the bottom, middle and top tiers of society, I would not have fulfilled my purpose.
“And only by ensuring that democracy is not just done, but seen to be done, can Nigeria and Nigerians have a sense that this our dear land is indeed a land where Unity, Faith, Peace and Progress reside.
“It is for this, and other patriotic reasons, that I am pursuing this judicial route: To ensure that the votes of Nigerians count and are counted.
“Yes, those who do not want this as Nigeria’s reality will use every trick in the book to undermine, discourage, misinform and mislead, but with God’s help and the support of Nigerians, we will ensure that Nigeria makes a course correction away from tyranny and towards democracy.
“We must return to being Africa’s bastion of democracy, where the right to Freedom of Speech and Freedom after the Speech, are guaranteed.
“We must stand together to pursue this just cause all the way, so that our judiciary are not afraid to do their jobs and have to be wary of blackmail, intimidation, and victimisation.
“I note the immense outpouring of goodwill from ordinary Nigerians in every nook and cranny of Nigeria and from all regions, religions and relationships. Once again I thank you all for your support.
“I also thank the governors elected on the platform of my party, the @OfficialPDPNig, as well as the National Executive Committee, for their unanimous and unambiguous support for the judicial phase of this struggle, especially after it was announced that we would go on to appeal.
“I urge all Nigerians to continue their support for this recourse to constitutional order via the courts. Even if there is little or nothing you can do to ensure that justice is done in Nigeria, just believe that it will happen. Let us never underestimate the effect of our belief.
“Finally, I say to all concerned, that we will all die and give an account of our lives to our Creator. Thank you and may God bless Nigeria.”
Like Us OnFacebook
Tech9 months ago
List of Phones with 5000mAh battery in Nigeria 
Politics11 months ago
2019: crisis rocks Gombe PDP as Lawmaker moves to sue over alleged illegal substitution
Business7 months ago
NNPC loses N228.1bn revenue as refineries remain dormant
Headline News7 months ago
Police slam ₦2.5bn fraud charges against Access Bank CEO, three others
Headline News7 months ago
EFCC arrests Turaki – PDP
Headline News7 months ago
BREAKING: Court terminates charges against Alex Badeh
Headline News6 months ago
CCT trial: Onnoghen faults prosecution documents, alleges mutilation, tampering, omission
Entertainment/Event6 months ago
Actress Etinosa goes nude on MC Galaxy’s live video